As part of the UFC Fight Night 216 event, the middleweight fight between the two American contenders is scheduled to go down on December 17 at the UFC Apex Sports Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
The 38-year-old Jared Cannonier has been in the UFC for seven years and, in that period, has accumulated a rich collection of defeats. Six of his 14 fights ended in defeats for The Killa Gorilla, including his most recent, a unanimous decision loss to Yisrael Adesanya in June 2022. It was Cannonier’s first and only title fight – he had never gotten this close to the belt before.
Like in some other fights, Jared was destroyed by a straightforward approach – Adesanya easily outdanced the challenger. The same mistake the American made in the ring against Robert Whittaker, Jan Blachowicz and Glover Teixeira. At the same time, only two opponents – Sean Jordan and Dominick Reyes – have managed to take down Cannonier. Outside of the UFC, Jared knows no failures at all.
Like his upcoming opponent, Strickland lost his last fight. The 31-year-old c missed a crushing left hook from Alex Pereira in the first round and was knocked out, although he said before the fight that he was planning to experience his opponent’s stance. It didn’t work out.
For Sean, it was the first defeat in four years, ending his six-fight winning streak. However, in none of these fights he faced top opponents – the best of them was Jack Hermansson, who is now only ranked ninth in the division.
|Jared Cannonier||Middleweight||Sean Strickland|
|The Killa Gorilla||Nickname||Strickland|
|5′ 11″||Height||6′ 1″|
|184 lbs||Weight||185 lbs|
|MMA LAB||Team||Xtreme Couture|
|United States||Country||United States|
UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland Start Time
- Date: Saturday, December 17
- Start time: 4 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. GMT
- Main card: 7 p.m. ET / 12 a.m. GMT
- Main event: 10 p.m. ET / 3 a.m. GMT (approximately)
- Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland; Middleweight
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Damir Ismagulov; Lightweight
- Amir Albazi vs. Alessandro Costa; Flyweight
- Alex Caceres vs. Julian Erosa; Featherweight
- Drew Dober vs. Bobby Green; Lightweight
- Michal Oleksiejczuk vs. Cody Brundage; Middleweight
- Cheyanne Vlismas vs. Cory McKenna; Women’s strawweight
- Jake Matthews vs. Matthew Semelsberger; Welterweight
- Julian Marquez vs. Deron Winn; Middleweight
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov; Bantamweight
- Rafa Garcia vs. Hayisaer Maheshate; Lightweight
- Rinat Fakhretdinov vs. Bryan Battle; Welterweight
- Manel Kape vs. David Dvorak; Flyweight
- Sergey Morozov vs. Journey Newson; Bantamweight
Cannonier vs. Strickland Live Stream and TV Channel
Both the preliminary and main events at UFC Fight Night will be streamed on ESPN+.
The main action may then be anticipated for UK fans at roughly 3 a.m. BT Sport 1 will broadcast the action, and coverage will begin at 10 a.m.