The UFC has been attempting to organize the main welterweight event between Nate Diaz and Khamzat Chimaev for months, and it looks like they’ve finally settled on a date and a venue for the fight. The main event of UFC 279 will takes place on September 10 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Khamzat just won the most important fight of his career, defeating No. 2-ranked Welterweight Gilbert Burns in an incredible brawl. There was much talk that Chimaev might avoid fighting and instead wait for Kamaru Usman or Leon Edwards to win. The winner of that battle will earn the title of Welterweight Champion. However, it appears Chimaev isn’t content to simply wait and will accept any challenge to a fight to prove his superiority.
Diaz has consistently demonstrated that he is among MMA’s most popular and effective fighters. He has beaten legends like Conor McGregor, Anthony Pettis, and Jim Miller during his career. Now that they are face to face, Diaz plans to hand Chimaev his first loss in his professional career by delivering another excellent performance.
|Allstars Training Center
|Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
UFC 279 Fight Card: Khamzat vs. Diaz Start Time
- Date: Saturday, September 10
- Early Prelims: 6 p.m. ET
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET
- Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET (approximately)
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz; Welterweight
- Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba; Light Heavyweight
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Jailton Almeida; Heavyweight
- Irene Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson; Women’s Bantamweight
- Denis Tiuliulin vs. Jamie Pickett; Middleweight
- Jake Collier vs. Chris Barnett; Heavyweight
- Chad Anheliger vs. Alatengheili; Bantamweight
- Melissa Martinez vs. Elise Reed; Women’s Strawweight
- Norma Dumont vs. Danyelle Wolf; Women’s Featherweight
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Julian Erosa; Featherweight
Khamzat vs. Diaz Live Stream and TV Channel
ESPN+ is the greatest way to watch UFC live broadcasts online. The main card for UFC 279 can be watched for a pay-per-view fee in the U.S. on the ESPN+ streaming service.