Manchester United and Real Sociedad were again drawn to the UEFA Europa League group stage. The first leg match between MU and Sociedad will take place on 8 September at Old Trafford. The fixture kicks off at 20:00 UK time.
Where are Manchester United vs Real Sociedad playing?
- Date: Thursday, 8 September
- Kick-off Time: 20:00 BST / 15:00 EST / 12:00 PST
- Stadium: Old Trafford
- Referee: Marco Di Bello
How to watch Manchester United vs Real Sociedad
BT Sport will broadcast the game live, just as they have done for all of the Europa League matches this year. The live match video is also accessible to BT Sport customers through the BT Sport app.
Manchester United started the current season with two defeats – to Brighton and Brentford – by a total score of 1-6. At the time, it looked as if United had again made a mistake in selecting a head coach and wasted hundreds of millions of pounds in the transfer market. However, Eric ten Hag quickly reacted to the team’s problems and had already turned things around.
The players are increasingly imbued with ten Hag’s ideas and philosophy, and the specialist himself has adjusted the squad. Since then, the Mancunian side has produced a run of four victories – over Liverpool, Southampton, Leicester City and Arsenal.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: Dubravka; Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Casemiro, Fred; Antony, Fernandes, Elanga; Ronaldo.
The guests finished sixth in last season’s Spanish Primera Division with 62 points and were rewarded with a trip to the group stage of the UEFA Europa League, the second most important European competition.
Real Sociedad has few resources and is certainly not seen as a contender to win the tournament. However, there are few doubts that the club from San Sebastian will make the playoffs of the UEFA Champions League along with United – their opponents are the modest Sheriff and Omonia. They have played four games in the current campaign – two wins, a draw and a defeat.
Real Sociedad possible starting lineup: Remiro; Gorosabel, Zubeldia, Elustondo, Munoz; Mendez, Zubimendi, Merino; Silva; Sadiq, Sorloth.
- Real Sociedad wins their last 5 away games in the Europa League
- Manchester United is conceding an average of 1.20 goals per game in their last 5 games
- Manchester United is scoring an average of 1.40 goals per game in their last 5 games
- Manchester United scored in the previous 4 games
- Manchester United vs Real Sociedad: Manchester United has been without a goal in their last 4 games against this opponent
- Real Sociedad are conceding an average of 1.40 goals per game in their last 5 games
- Real Sociedad are scoring an average of 1.00 goals per game in their last 5 games
- Real Sociedad have scored in their last 4 games